Dates Announced For CMT’s Next Women of Country 2019
Tour dates have been announced for the 2019 CMT Next Women of Country Tour, featuring headliner Cassadee Pope. The 11-date tour will launch April 11 in Tampa, Florida, and will also feature openers and fellow Next Women of Country members Clare Dunn and Hannah Ellis. The tour wraps May 4 in Columbia, Missouri.
The tour marks the first-ever headlining tour for Pope, who was named as part of CMT’s inaugural Next Women of Country class in 2013. She is working on her upcoming second album, slated to release in 2019. CMT first launched its “Next Women of Country” campaign in 2013 in an effort to support and expose developing female talent, both signed and unsigned, in a male-dominated format. The campaign showcases emerging female artists across all CMT screens throughout the year, and in five years since its launch, CMT has expanded the initiative to include five CMT Next Women of Country Tours, anchored by superstar acts including Jennifer Nettles, Martina McBride and Sara Evans, a CMT.com digital series, Next Women of Country Live, and more. VIP Packages for the CMT Next Women of Country Tour will become available Friday (Nov. 30).
Copyright(c) MusicRow| All Rights Reserved 11.29.18
Country Aircheck – My Tunes: Music That Shaped My Life…Clare Dunn discusses her most influential music
1. Keith Urban: He’s one of the most phenomenal artists and entertainers of our time. He’s so gifted that he makes what he does look like a walk in the park. And I’m here to tell you, there’s nothing easy about what he does.
2. Mariah Carey: Her music and her voice were huge influences.
3. Eric Clapton: His was the first real concert I ever went to. I walked in and thought it was over in 15 minutes. I never moved from my seat. It was that captivating.
4. Bob Seger: His writing and what he stands for, the career path he’s taken – he was always true to his artistry. And here he is, 70 years old and still out there doing it.
5. Rolling Stones, Nashville 2015: It was unbelievable – a moment in my life I will never forget.
• Highly regarded music you’ve actually never heard: Even though I’m a Beck fan, I haven’t heard his latest album Morning Phase.
• An “important” piece or style of music you just don’t get: I can get into any genre of music if it’s good. I even love opera.
• An album you listened to incessantly: Lately one of my favorites is Miguel’s Wildheart.
• Obscure or non-country song everyone should listen to right now: John Lennon’s cover of Fats Domino’s “Ain’t That A Shame.”
• Music you’d rather not admit to enjoying: I make country music but I do enjoy listening to R&B, like Miguel.
Copyright(c) CountryAircheck.com | All Rights Reserved 9.21.15